Tuesday, July 24, 2007

4th of July Festivities

It is nice for finally have a chance to catch up on the blog.

For the 4th of July this year we went up to Idaho and stayed with Kip and Jenna's family. We had so much fun! We started off by taking the kids to the parade. They loved it, despite the 100 degree temperatures.

Later that night Kip, Jenna, Kandi, Brett, and a few others threw an amazing party with a yummy barbecue and incredible fireworks show! They even had a jumping house for all the kids!

Then the next day we went water skiing and tubing! It has been so long since I've been water skiing, I just loved every minute of it Even the jello feeling you get after you get out the water.
Then on Friday, Jenna and I were driving through town when we say a older man in front of the Post Office laying on the hot cement by himself. I appeared that he had fallen down the steps and didn't even have a chance to catch himself before hitting the hot sidewalk. We pulled over and ran up to see if he was okay. He was face down, unconscious and bleeding from his nose. I called 911, and they responded quickly and were very careful in taking care of this gentleman. I sure hope he was okay, but we weren't able to find out any more about him. I just makes you sick to think that could be your grandparent or parent and you hope that if something happened to one of your loved ones that someone would stop and help.
Then later that day we were all on our way to Twin Falls and came upon another accident. This time a car had gone completely underneath a semi trailer. It didn't look like there was any way that the person inside that car could have lived through the accident. Luckily she just before she went under the trailer, she laid her upper body into the passenger seat. Once everything came to a stop, she was still conscious and all her body parts were still intact, despite the whole top part of her car being sheared off. They had to extricate her from the car, but I'm sure she lived through the whole thing. It was a pretty crazy day!
Through all the exciting activities we had a great time. We have such great family and just love being able to spend time with them!

0 comments: